₹719.00 - ₹619.00
(as of Dec 07,2021 02:47:05 UTC – Details)
- Star anise has a sweet, spicy flavor, similar to licorice. Star anise has a very strong, distinct flavor and should be used in small quantities.
- Although the flavor of star anise is generally thought of as sweet, it is commonly used in savory dishes.
- Star anise pairs well with citrus, onions, poultry, beef, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. it is one of the main flavors in chinese five spice powder and is also used to flavor roast duck and other meats.
- Star anise is also a common spice in indian cuisine, where it is used in the spice blend garam masala, as well as dishes like biryani and drinks such as chai. star anise is also widely used to flavor beverages. In addition to chai tea, star anise is used to infuse several liquors. Absinthe, sambuca, and pastis all utilize star anise to impaRT a licorice flavor to the finished product.
- Star anise has a distinct licorice flavor similar to that of anise or fennel, though it’s not related to either of these spices. It pairs well with coriander, cinnamon, cardamom and clove.
- It’s often utilized in classical Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines, especially as a flavor enhancer in broths, soups and curries.
- Star anise also makes a great addition to sweet dishes and desserts, such as baked fruit, pies, quick bread and muffins.Combats fungal infections Star anise as an antibacterial agent Effective in flu treatment Beneficial for sleep disorders Improved Digestion Good For Health
Star anise pairs brilliantly with tomatoes. It’s licorice-like flavor actually bears a close resemblance to that of fennel and basil, tomato’s classic companions
Star Anise/Chakri phool is a lovely spice that can add a wonderful aroma and flavor to your cooking. Star Anise seed can be used in whole or ground form to add an aromatic licorice flavor to recipes. Star anise is packed with protective antioxidants which neutralize damaging free radicals in the body.
Popularly used in asian dishes, specially in 5-spice blend. Almost all Chinese dishes use star anise for preparation
Star anise has many names in different cuisines and flower in shape with intense aroma and flavor. Also known as Badiyan fool, Chakar phool, Chakri fool, Aniseed flower, Stone flower etc